Logan - Age 6 weeks
Logan has reached the 6-week mark. Already, I have seen so many changes from when we first brought him home. Of course, there is the physical growth (he's already past 12 pounds). But the development alone is much more interesting and surprising. I was excited when he finally noticed the mobile over his crib a few weeks ago. Today, I put him in his bouncer chair and played Baby Mozart for him. The first time I tried this was when he was 3 weeks old, and he didn't want anything to do with either item. Today, he was engaged for 10 minutes or so. He's also spending time on the activity mat and batting at the objects.
Last, but not least, he's allowing me to carry him in the Baby Bjorn carrier. I don't know how long I'll be able to use it since he's already so big.
He's been following Paul and I with his eyes, but his favorite thing to look at is still the windows. I did shake a rattle in front of him and he was able to follow its sound from left to right.
Physically, he gets stronger each day. He's pretty easily able to hold up his head from my chest when I'm inclined. He can straighten his legs and support his weight when I'm holding him.
The only bad thing is that he has a cold. I feel so sorry for him when he is congested and has trouble breathing through his nose. I've been putting saline drops and using the aspirator to try to unclog his nose, but it's very uncomfortable for him.
Even with all those discomforts, he is still a sweet baby. He's been smiling more and more each day. Every time he does, I can't help but melt.
Last, but not least, he's allowing me to carry him in the Baby Bjorn carrier. I don't know how long I'll be able to use it since he's already so big.
He's been following Paul and I with his eyes, but his favorite thing to look at is still the windows. I did shake a rattle in front of him and he was able to follow its sound from left to right.
Physically, he gets stronger each day. He's pretty easily able to hold up his head from my chest when I'm inclined. He can straighten his legs and support his weight when I'm holding him.
The only bad thing is that he has a cold. I feel so sorry for him when he is congested and has trouble breathing through his nose. I've been putting saline drops and using the aspirator to try to unclog his nose, but it's very uncomfortable for him.
Even with all those discomforts, he is still a sweet baby. He's been smiling more and more each day. Every time he does, I can't help but melt.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home