Gier Family's Random Ramblings

Monday, November 17, 2003

100 days

My father called yesterday to congratulate us on Logan's 100-day birthday. In Korean, there would be a huge celebration. Logan must have sensed that he was being jipped of a party...he was a little cranky yesterday.

Let's talk about his milestones. Five days ago, he rolled over from his tummy to his back. Although he's done that several times before, it was decidedly different this time. In the past, he used gravity, the weight of his head, and momentum to roll over. This time, he twisted his upper body and then kicked his legs over. After a few unsuccessful tries, he did it. That was pretty exciting.

The nanny has also taken him into the pool recently. She says that he really enjoys it. At first, he was confused as to why it wasn't warm like the bath, but he now he can't seem to get enough.

He's regularly making the "Ma" sound now when he's crying because he's tired. A few "Da" sounds have escaped here and there. He still says "Ooh" and "Uh" all the time. It's funny when he seems as though he's trying to sing along with me. He especially loves being entertained with music and hand games like "Itsy Bitsy Spider."

He's really grown. Paul weighed him at 16.5 pounds yesterday, but we figure that he's slightly over 16 when you subtract the weight of his clothes and diaper. As far as length, he's already the length of the Pack-n-Play's changing table. If he straightens his legs, he stretches the fabric at his head and feet. He definitely has his share of baby fat, but he's not obese, so I'm happy.

I am getting a workout trying to hold him and play with him. My arms aren't long enough anymore to let him walk on my stomach. So, manuvering him around is a bigger challenge than before. Paul says that his biceps are getting stronger with carrying Logan around, but I don't know if he said that just to tease me.

I think that Logan began teething at 2 months. They've been coming slowly, but I think it's been bothering him again. He was pretty cranky yesterday and seemed to be intent on chewing on his fingers. He's also been drooling quite a bit. I've started calling him Mr. Bubbles because of all the saliva on his lips.

Paul and I just saw an anime movie, Berserk. The lead character's name is Guts. That's another nickname that we started calling Logan since he "came out of my guts." That type of humor is probably not appreciated by most, but it cracked us up. Anyway, there are more pictures up, so enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home