Bienvenue!
Today is the first day of school for kids in the Austin area. After months on waiting lists for the area day cares, I heard about a French school in Austin for young kids. I've always wanted to be able to speak a second language, and I was excited about the idea of a school where the kids are not just exposed to a language other than English, they are immersed in it. I was surprised to find that the school still had a couple openings for the school year even though it was only a week before classes started. It's a bit more expensive than a standard day care school, and they require you to stay for a whole year. Those two factors probably scare off a lot of potential parents/customers, and they almost scared off Bonnie. But I think the stability for the kids and the extra dedication it promotes for the parents really helps.
Logan has never been a big fan of school. Sometimes we joke that his time at home is too fun, and that's why he doesn't like going to school. I wish that as a kid I had better opportunities and encouragement to learn a second language, so I really wanted to give Logan this chance early in life. It will probably make school a bit more difficult for him in the beginning, but if he's able to learn French over the next few years I think it will be well worth it. It should give him a better base to learn whatever language he wants to learn in the future, and give him access to cultures opportunities that he might not have otherwise.
Logan has never been a big fan of school. Sometimes we joke that his time at home is too fun, and that's why he doesn't like going to school. I wish that as a kid I had better opportunities and encouragement to learn a second language, so I really wanted to give Logan this chance early in life. It will probably make school a bit more difficult for him in the beginning, but if he's able to learn French over the next few years I think it will be well worth it. It should give him a better base to learn whatever language he wants to learn in the future, and give him access to cultures opportunities that he might not have otherwise.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home